Monday, March 19, 2007

Thoughts and Research...

Okay, honestly, I am exhausted and not really interested in thinking too much about the draft and women at this time. I don't know what to say about desiring for women to keep their legal rights to vote and hold office and not requiring them to register for the draft as long as men are. I believe that there are fundamental differences between men and women, but how do I justify letting women have the rights but not the responsibilities that have traditionally belonged to men.

There are many reasons for not drafting women. Physiological differences, traditional family and societal roles, unit cohesion, and the potential for sexual abuse all are worth consideration. What is the right answer?

I am too tired to think about it more tonight. I hope something will click in my brain by tomorrow.

No comments: